Welcome

With grateful hearts, we share our thoughts on redemption through Jesus Christ and His saving blood and what it looks like in our daily walk.

We gladly welcome your comments and input.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AND since we hold our conservative values dear, we might have a thing or two to say about politics... and we can almost guarantee it won't be politically correct.



Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Whitewashed Tombs

My thoughts while watching the Presidential debate last night:

Hypocrite! You are so careful to clean the outside of the cup and the dish, but inside you are filthy --- full of greed and self-indulgence! Blind Obama! First wash the inside of the cup, and then the ouside will become clean, too! You are like a white-washed tomb--- beautiful on the outside (well that's even questionable) but filled on the inside with dead people's bones and all sorts of impurity. You try to look like an upright person outwardly, but inside your heart is filled with hyposcrisy and lawlessness. How terrible it will be for you , Obama!

Matt 23:25-28 NLT version loosely paraphrased by me....

I don't trust him. I don't believe him. He does not have the country as his first priority. He is willing to lie and pretend and fake his real agenda to appeal to middle America just to get to the White House.

Do your homework, America and stay awake! I have great faith in the American people!

And in my outright finger pointing, (even though I'm not running for the highest office in the land) I have to ask myself ... in what areas of my life do I do this very same thing? In what circumstances and situations in life do I dare to take on a hypocritical outward appearance to look like something or someone I'm not in order to obtain my own greedy desires? .... Or in order to fool the observer into thinking I'm an entirely different person by acting one way on the outside than what I am in truth (when no one is looking) on the outside?

It's not a pretty picture in the eyes of God. Not for Obama and not for me or you when we practice deception on any level.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm! going deeper on this one. i've heard the following from the pulpit once or twice "when i point my finger toward you, i have 3 fingers pointing back at me"!

these are testing times! the sands keep shifting and we who are trying to follow our heart should maybe keep that heart quiet and at peace so we can better hear our Father's heartbeat. there are many voices in this world, but we should obey only one, and He said we would recognize His voice above all the others. we can know Him and His will when we humble ourselves before Him and seek His guidance, wisdom and discernment.

this is a time for those who know Him to pray, pray, pray! then give heed to His Word and act in faith! He has not forgotten His own, no matter what the odds may appear to be. be fervent, be vigilant, be sober, be encouraged, be listening! Remember, we who follow Him do have a voice of our own, and we can use it at the voting booth!