Welcome

With grateful hearts, we share our thoughts on redemption through Jesus Christ and His saving blood and what it looks like in our daily walk.

We gladly welcome your comments and input.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AND since we hold our conservative values dear, we might have a thing or two to say about politics... and we can almost guarantee it won't be politically correct.



Saturday, February 16, 2008

Riddle Me This...(Healing)

It's been a while since we've posted anything. Some of us have been under the weather. (Where did that phrase come from, anyway?) Which has made me think about the power of faith in Christ. Power to raise the dead? Power to make the lame walk and the blind see? What about power to heal a cold or cough? It seems I preach about God's healing power and yearn to see it in the miraculous, but don't apply it when it comes to "little things." Are there things in life we should handle on our own, or just "get through" while saving God's power for when we "really need it"? Or, is not accessing this power delegated to believers (they shall lay their hands on the sick and they shall recover) in every situation an affront to God who gave it and a surer testimony that I don't really believe???

1 comment:

Nathan Talbot said...

You beat me to this. I was working on some blogs today, because we have all fallen behind a little and I was going to address some of these very questions. So I am still going to do just that. I am going to post a blog in a little while to answer some of these questions(at least as I understand it) that I have been thinking about lately in dealing with sickness in my body.