Welcome

With grateful hearts, we share our thoughts on redemption through Jesus Christ and His saving blood and what it looks like in our daily walk.

We gladly welcome your comments and input.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AND since we hold our conservative values dear, we might have a thing or two to say about politics... and we can almost guarantee it won't be politically correct.



Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Got Questions

Recently I heard a minister speak some Truths that spoke to my soul AND it answered some questions I've had for a long time. You know the kinds of questions that we learn to place on a shelf somewhere in our brain until the answer comes. Not questions of doubting God or questions wondering if I can really believe God... just the kinds of questions only the spirit of God can clarify. I know God knows the questions I have on the shelf. So when the answer comes - it's almost as if I say, "oh, that's the answer to such and such and it almost takes me by surprise."

I have seen over the years that if I'll keep my heart pointed toward the goodness of God and just keep trusting Him, keep loving Him with all my heart, keep steadfast in whatever He's called me to do at the time ... the answers come... eventually. It's important that I do my part to stay in the Bible, stay in His presence, listen to good teachers and preachers.

I've learned not to let my faith in HIM waiver just because I DO have questions. And I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER get angry at God. He is NEVER my problem! HE IS ALWAYS MY ANSWER! I am convinced any questions I have or any confusion I have is more about ME getting in a position spiritually to understand the answers more than it is about HIM withholding any good thing from me. AND because I trust Him with my life... I am fully persuaded He gives me what I need when I need it. So I don't have to be nervous or anxious or fearful... I just rest in knowing I am on His mind and He is helping me get to a place where I can receive answers for every need.

Ahhh... now that's peace.

1 comment:

Nathan Talbot said...

Meems,

Good post. I especially like this part in the last paragraph,

"And I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER get angry at God. He is NEVER my problem! HE IS ALWAYS MY ANSWER! I am convinced any questions I have or any confusion I have is more about ME getting in a position spiritually to understand the answers more than it is about HIM withholding any good thing from me."

I think a lot of people get caught up questioning God, and trying to intellectualize things. They humanistically try to understand things on a human level and justify their answers with their own intellect. What you are saying is if we just wait on God, look to Him and stay in his presence with an attitude of faith the answer will come.

This reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures which is Hebrews 11:6 "It is impossible to please God withouth faith, we must first believe there is a God and he is a rewarder of those who seek Him"

When I struggle with spiritual questions I always come back to this. God is a REWARDER of those who seek Him and I frame my view of God on that fact. Then I can hope for good and stand on faith. For faith is the substance of things hoped for and evidence of things not seen. If I don't start with God's goodness and the fact that he is a rewarder, then I can't hope for good things, and if I can't hope for good things I have nothing to base my faith on.

Thanks for the thought provoking post.