Welcome

With grateful hearts, we share our thoughts on redemption through Jesus Christ and His saving blood and what it looks like in our daily walk.

We gladly welcome your comments and input.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AND since we hold our conservative values dear, we might have a thing or two to say about politics... and we can almost guarantee it won't be politically correct.



Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Heart is Steadfast, O God

My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises!
Psalm 57:7 (NAS)


Steadfast. I like words like steadfast. It could be an intimidating word for some folks. But I like to think of it as an encouraging word. Some more words that are synonymous with steadfast: unwavering, resolute, persistent, dedicated, unswerving, unfaltering. All really good words. Now if we reserve these traits only for our spouse/employer/friends/political views (you get the idea) in a time of conflict then steadfast might not serve us so well.

BUT if this is the dedication in our hearts and our commitment when trusting God and walking out this Christian life then “steadfast” becomes a GREAT attribute. One of the definitions of steadfast is firmly fixed in place or position. In this day and time when even the church has itching ears wanting to hear what pleases and gratifies our flesh the word steadfast has a calming affect in my soul.

What about when you believe something from God’s word and it doesn’t look like the promise is coming to pass? Or what about when you put your deepest desires in God’s hands and in your way of seeing things, it didn’t work out that way at all? Or what about just plain ole’ everyday life and the discouragements that we allow to set in while feeling like we are doing our best?

Does the fact that a thing doesn’t work out like I desire change the absolute Truth of the Word of God? I say a resounding NO. No matter what goes wrong in my life I must determine to go to God’s Word for the Truth and His light in every circumstance. I keep my relationship with Him based on that Truth- not my own life. I don’t rearrange what I believe or how I view God based on what happens in my life.

Back to why I like this word “steadfast” so much! It reminds to continue doing what I know is right to do in the face of every situation- good ones AND adverse ones. The very meaning of the word rings a bell/strikes a chord, if you will, prompting me not to give up. Most importantly it ignites my spirit to abandon my heart to my covenant-keeping God and to keep believing with faith and patience what the Truth of God's Word says about each situation until the promises show up in my life!

I leave you with this encouraging Truth from God’s Word.


Therefore, my beloved brethren, be firm (steadfast), immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord [always being superior, excelling, doing more than enough in the service of the Lord], knowing and being continually aware that your labor in the Lord is not futile[it is never wasted or to no purpose]. I Cor. 15:58 Amp.

No comments: