Welcome

With grateful hearts, we share our thoughts on redemption through Jesus Christ and His saving blood and what it looks like in our daily walk.

We gladly welcome your comments and input.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AND since we hold our conservative values dear, we might have a thing or two to say about politics... and we can almost guarantee it won't be politically correct.



Monday, November 12, 2007

If You Don't Have Something Nice To Say...

If we all lived by our mother's advice ("If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."), I doubt we'd do very much talking. In fact, we might create an international vacuum as the entire world world suddenly hushed. (Maybe if we stopped spewing all our personal "hot air," we could help prevent global warming?)

This post is in honor of all the Christians who are currently being persecuted. The missionaries overseas, the ministers here at home, maybe even you.

I've felt the sting of stones being hurled at me...not pleasant at all. But I've done my fair share of hurling as well. A song comes to mind, courtesy of Trace Balin...
What right have I got
in counting the cost
when Jesus paid with his life?
Have I the measure
when push comes to shove
when loving cuts like a knife?

If I don't have love,
I have nothing.
If I don't have love,
I have no cause...
What's the point in speaking in tongues of angels, having great eloquence or knowledge or command, if we don't have love? What's the point in speaking the truth that needs to be heard, if we don't speak it in love?

Shhhhh....

No comments: